- Choose Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Choose Add Account.
- Choose Other > Add Mail Account.
- On the New Account screen, enter the following:
Name - the name of the role account that will be displayed to recipients.
Email - the role account's email address, for example email@example.com
Password - your Essex password.
Description - anything you choose to describe the email account.
- Choose Next.
- Make sure that IMAP is selected at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Incoming Mail Server section and enter the following:
Host name - outlook.office365.com
User Name - [your Essex ID]@essex.ac.uk/the role account email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Password - your Essex password (this may already be filled in)
- Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section and enter the following:
Host Name – smtp.office365.com
User Name – your Essex ID (with @essex.ac.uk after it)
Password – your Essex password
- Choose Next and wait for the server to verify your settings. When complete choose Save.
You'll find the shared account in your Mail app, under Mailboxes, with the description name you gave it in step 4.
Important note: If you own a non-essex.ac.uk email account, for example edgehotelschool.ac.uk, ukdataservice.ac.uk etc, you must enter the email address as @essex.ac.uk – it will resolve to the correct domain once it’s been setup.