This article will show you how to access your M:\ Drive when you're off campus or not using a University computer.
Please make sure you are using the latest version of FileZilla as older versions may not be able to connect due to a recent security update.
- Go go https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1 and download the appropriate FileZilla client for your computer.
- Install FileZilla using the default options.
- Open FileZilla and then click File > Site Manager...
- Click New Site, and give it a suitable name, for example M:\ Drive.
- Now enter the following information:
Host unix4.essex.ac.uk Port 22 Protocol SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol Logon type Normal User Your University login name Password Your University password
- Click Connect.
- You will be asked to confirm the host's key fingerprint, click OK to continue.
- You should now be able to see your files and folders stored in your M:\ Drive. To download or upload files simply drag and drop.
- To disconnect your session, close FileZIlla.