If you're having problems with Outlook not connecting to a University mailbox, then you may need to make some changes in Credential Manager. Doing this and then caching your correct Outlook credentials should get things working again.
- Close Outlook if you've got it open.
- From the desktop, click Start and type Credential Manager into the search box, and then click Credential Manger from the search results.
- In the Generic Credentials section, look for any entries that contain the word Outlook, for example MS.Outlook:email@example.com or MS.Outlook.15:firstname.lastname@example.org. For each entry you find, click the down arrow button to expand and then select Remove from vault and Yes to confirm.
- Once you've done this for all matching entries, close the Credential Manager and open Outlook.
- Outlook will now ask you to reconnect to your mailboxes. Enter your Essex ID and password and make sure Remember my credentials is checked. You may need to do this a few times if you have more than one mailbox added to your profile.
If you have any problems reconnecting, make sure you have changed the default username to your own Essex ID, for example email@example.com, before trying again.