This article will show you how you to create an EndNote Online account using institutional sign-in. This will mean you get the full entitlement extras such as more storage as well as access to additional Styles and online search connections through Essex's subscription to Web of Science.
Details of entitlement options can be found at: http://endnote.com/sites/en/files/m/pdf/en-comp-chart.pdf
Step 1: Logging in to Web of Science using Institutional (Shibboleth) sign in (you only need to do this once).
- Open your web browser and go to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/.
- Click on Alternative Link'.
- Under 'Institutional users (Shibboleth)', choose 'UK Federation' then click Go.
- Search for and select University of Essex in the drop-down box then click Continue.
- Enter your University username and password then click Login.
Step 2: Register a new account.
- Once you have been taken to the Web of Science platform, click the Sign-in button on the right-hand side of the top toolbar, then click Register.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to Register then click Submit Changes.
NB: Remember that this password is not linked to your University of Essex account and you will not be asked to change it every 3 months like your University password, so choose something memorable.
- You will be asked to verify your email address before being continuing.
- You are now signed in to the Web of Science platform.
Step 3: Signing in to EndNote online from Web of Science Platform.
- At the Web of Science platform, click on EndNote in the top toolbar.
- Typ in your Essex email address and your EndNote online password.
- You are now logged in to EndNote online via Web of Science.
Tip: If you're wondering where your references are, just click on Hide Getting Started Guide to reveal your All references list.
Step 4: Syncing your Desktop version with your Online version.
- Return to EndNote Desktop and go to Edit > Preferences > Sync. Type in your Essex Email address and the password you created for your EndNote Online account and click OK.
- Now run Sync by clicking on the Sync icon in the top menu:
- Return to EndNote Online and refresh the page by clicking F5 and agree to the Terms and Conditions:
You can check that you are linked to the full entitlement of services by checking if U Essex is available in the Online Search connections under Collect in the top menu bar.
In future, when you want to sign-in to EndNote Online you simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Open a web browser and navigate to myendnote.com and choose Institutional (Shibboleth) Authentication and then click Continue.
Step 2: Type in your Essex username and password and click Login.
Step 3: Type in your EndNote Online username and password.
About these instructions