- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Select eduroam from the list.
- Set 'EAP method' to PEAP.
- Set 'Phase 2 authentication' to MSCHAPV2.
- Leave 'CA certificate' as (unspecified).
- Set 'Identity' to your Essex ID (with @essex.ac.uk after it).
- Leave 'Anonymous identity' blank.
- Set 'Enter password' to your University password.
- Choose Connect.
- If you can't choose Connect because it is disabled or 'greyed out', try this:
For CA certificate choose Use system certificates
For Domain, enter essex.ac.uk
You should now be able to choose Connect.