How to set up Outlook for Mac OS X for University email.
About these instructions
These instructions were created using an Apple MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite. Steps may vary depending on your software version and computer model.
- Open Outlook 2016.
- If you're setting up Outlook for the first time, a window will appear asking you to add an account, if so click Add Account. Otherwise click Outlook → Preferences → Accounts.
- Click Exchange or Office 365.
- Enter your Essex ID (twice) and your password. Ensure Configure automatically is checked, and then click Add Account.
- Click Allow.
- Wait until you see a green dot, and then close the Accounts window.
- After a few moments your University email should appear in your inbox.