This article will show you how to export references from the University of Essex Library website and import them in to EndNote.
Step 1: Set up the filter file (you only need to do this once)
- Open EndNote.
- Download the filter file EssexUniLibrary.enf (10 KB), and then open it. The file should automatically open in EndNote.
- Click File → Save As.
- Name the filter EssexUniLibrary, and then click Save.
- Click File → Close Filter to close the filter window.
- Click Edit → Import Filters → Open Filter Manager...
- Find EssexUniLibrary in the list and make sure it is checked. Now close the filter window.
Step 2: Export your reference from the Library website in to EndNote.
- Open your web browser and go to libwww.essex.ac.uk.
- Search the Library website for what you're looking for. In this example we're searching for Fish.
- In the search results, under Additional actions click the Add to cart icon (shown as a shopping basket) then click view cart.
- In your shopping cart, click the Export to EndNote icon(shown as a double quotation marks).
- Your browser will download the export file and prompt you to Choose Destination (if applicable) to export to. Select EndNote and click OK.
- A Choose An Import Filter window will appear, make sure EssexUniLibrary is selected and then click Choose.
- Your reference will be imported and appear in All References, Imported References and Unfiled ready for you to use.
About these instructions
These instructions were created using Windows 7 . Steps may vary depending on your software version and computer model.