This article explains how to get the latest version of EndNote on:
- Lab computers
- University-owned computers (Windows / Macs)
- Personal computers
Find out what's new in EndNote X9.
The software will be upgraded automatically in all centrally managed student Labs. You can launch EndNote as usual via the start menu or desktop shortcut. Important things to note:
- Open EndNote before you open Word to insert your references into your documents - this is so the EndNote plugin will be recognized and show in the ribbon within Word; and
- When syncing your Desktop version with the Web version, in each new session on a Lab PC you'll need to re-enter your web credentials in the desktop preferences Edit >Preferences >Sync >EndNote Account Credentials
University owned computers
You can install/upgrade the latest version using the Essex Software Hub. Instructions are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the Essex Software Hub and sign in with your Essex username and password. If you haven't used Software Hub before you'll need to download a small program (CloudPaging) to be able to run the software.
Step 2: You'll be asked to confirm that you have the software already installed.
Step 3: Type EndNote into the search bar at the top-right of your screen and then click on the EndNote icon to launch:
Step 4: Click to confirm any messages validating your device:
Step 5: Pin to Taskbar for easy access next time.
Please note: open EndNote before you open Word when inserting your references into your documents - this is so the EndNote plugin will be recognized and show in the ribbon in Word.
Unfortunately the Software Hub cannot deliver the desktop version to Macs at this time. Please contact your Departmental IT Staff or the IT Helpdesk to request an install.
Unfortunately due to licence restrictions, the Software Hub cannot deliver the desktop version to personal computers used off-campus. To use EndNote on your personal device off-campus you can either:
- Create an EndNote Online account and then sync it with your desktop library created in the lab (to get the full entitlements); or
- Buy the Desktop software from Bilaney Consultants (students are eligible for a discount).
Top tip: Find out how to Export references using EndNote Web.