When you leave the University of Essex, your free Microsoft Office subscription will end.
When this happens, you will see a ‘PRODUCT DEACTIVATED’ warning:
What are my options?
At this point you can either:
- Continue to use Office in 'deactivated mode' but this only lets you view and print your documents.
- Click Reactivate and purchase your own subscription from Microsoft.
- Uninstall Office and install your own copy or alternative software.
Not sure which version you're using?
If you can’t remember if you installed the University’s version or your own, check using the following steps:
- Open Microsoft Word and create a new blank document.
- Click File → Account.
- Under Product Information, if you see Subscription Product Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus then you’re using the University’s version. If you see anything else then you’re using a different version that won’t stop working after you leave the University.