This article will show you how to download your free copy of Microsoft Office. If you have any problems downloading Office please see the help information at the end of this article.
- Sign in to email.essex.ac.uk with your Essex ID and password.
- From the top-left menu, click Office 365.
- Now click Install Office 2016 (or Other installs if you want to see what else is available).
- An installer file will now download. Run it and follow the set up instructions.
- Once installed, you may be asked to enter a product key or to sign in, if so click Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription, and then sign in with your Essex ID (your login with @essex.ac.uk after it), and password.
Can't see a download link?
If you can't see the download link, this may be because:
- if you're a new student, your license hasn't been activated just yet, or;
- you aren't eligible for free Microsoft Office. This includes Edge Hotel School staff, Kaplan, European Consortium for Political Research, Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Centre and Students Union staff plus University Of Essex Online students. If you fall within these groups you could purchase an Office 365 license from Microsoft or get Open Office for free.
What happens to Office after you leave Essex
Office 365 is a subscription based service, and while you're at Essex you get this for free. However, when you leave Essex your subscription with us ends. When this happens you have a few options.