This article will show you how to search the University of Essex Library catalogue (encore) from within EndNote.
Step 1: Set up EndNote (you only need to do this once)
- Open EndNote.
- Download the connection file U Essex.enz (24 KB) and then save it to your EndNote Connections folder.
If you installed EndNote using the default settings your connection folder can be found at: Local Disk (C:) → Program Files → EndNote X7 → Connections.
- Now in EndNote, click Edit → Connection files → Open Connection Manager.
- Find U Essex in the list and ensure it is checked. Now close the connections window.
Step 2: Now that you have set up EndNote, you can search the Library catalogue using the Online Search feature within EndNote
- Open EndNote.
- Click Online Search... (globe with magnifying glass icon), or click more... under Online Search in the left navigation pane.
- Ensure U Essex is selected in the list, and then click Choose.
- To check that you're searching the U Essex library, check that it is highlighted in the left-navigation pane.
- In the Search Remote Library window, type in your search criteria, for example Author, Title or Topic, and then press Enter.
- In the Confirm Online Search pop-up box, set the number of records you want to retrieve, and then click OK.
- Your references will be automatically added to your personal EndNote library, and U Essex library will be added to the Online Search list in the left-navigation pane.
About these instructions
These instructions were created using Windows 7 . Steps may vary depending on your software version and computer model.