This article will show you how to sign in to an existing EndNote Online account using institutional sign-in. Signing in this way will ensure you get the full entitlement options such as access to additional Styles and online search connections through Essex's subscription to Web of Science.
Details of entitlement options can be found at: http://endnote.com/sites/en/files/m/pdf/en-comp-chart.pdf
Step 1: Logging in to Web of Science using Institutional (Shibboleth) sign in (you only need to do this once).
- Open your web browser and go to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/.
- Click on 'Problems with access? Try this alternative link'.
- Under 'Institutional users (Shibboleth)', choose 'UK Federation' then click Go.
- Search for and select University of Essex in the drop-down box then click Continue.
- Enter your University username and password then click Login.
Step 2: Signing in to EndNote online from Web of Science Platform.
- At the Web of Science platform, click on EndNote in the top toolbar.
- Typ in your Essex email address and your EndNote online password.
- You are now logged in to EndNote online via Web of Science.
- You can check that you are linked to the full entitlement of services by checking if U Essex is available in the Online Search connections under Collect in the top menu bar.
In future, when you want to sign-in to EndNote Online you simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Open a web browser and navigate to myendnote.com and choose Institutional (Shibboleth) Authentication and Continue.
Step 2: Type in your Essex username and password and click Login.
Step 3: Type in your EndNote Online username and password.
You can check that you are linked to the full entitlement of services by checking if U Essex is available in the Online Search connections under Collect in the top menu bar.
About these instructions